Best of the West
Next tour: July-August 2020
You can have your bike shipped from Wellington, and Australia to Los Angeles.
Crates are provided in Wellington and full assistance provided to make your shipping easy and painless.
If time short there is option to ship your bike to Los Angeles and ride to meet group at another town that meets your own personal time frame.
See under Best of the West for sample route.
This option and others similar have been very popular with those wishing to ride their bike to Sturgis but not able to join group at Los Angeles.
Hiring options for 2020 include pickup in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Missoula.
I’d encourage you to check over what’s provided: the duration of these tours, number of days riding, routes, sights and what’s included, then costs, and compare all this to other tour providers. You’ll find you get excellent value with Kiwi Ken’s motorbike tours.
Best of the West tour highlights
Beverly Hills, Muscle Beach, Hollywood.and Venice Beach.Try Lax’s 2nd hottest Chili at renowned Barneys Beanery in Santa Monica.
Ride the cable car to Fishermans Wharf and sample the clam chowder.Get the Ferry to Alcatraz and a must get photo of you riding over the Golden Gate.
Simply the best coastal motorbike ride in the world heading to Canada.
This coastal ride on Highway 1 and Big Sur takes us through towering Redwoods, high clifftop roads overlooking the thundering Pacific, very scenic coastal areas and amazing seeing how elephant seals got their name.
Many small old towns on the Coast now known for their great fish and oysters and micro breweries. Can’t beat having a fresh fillet of salmon cooked at the bar in front of you.
Morning tea at Crater Lake. So pristine and sapphire blue makes a great backdrop for a muffin, coffee and obligatory photo.
Excellent riding the Rockies in outstanding Canada, lunch at the historic Fairmont Springs Hotel in Banff.
Ride most highest rated scenic roads in Canada.The Icefields Highway and Going to the Sun on our crossing the Border and riding into Montana.
Have a bowl of buffalo stew at the Irma,. the hotel built by Buffalo Bill before we head out to the nightly Rodeo. Another great ride in the morning as we head out over the Bear Tooth Pass, 12000 feet . No riding in your TShirt here, make sure you wrap up.
Sturgis Rally for four nights, where we stay in a old classic hotel where Presidents once stayed.
Outstanding fun, concerts nightly and thousands of fun-loving like-minded motorbikers from round the World.
More along the way.
- Durango, where a garter-wearing saloon girl will get you a beer and you can request a tune on the Honky Tonk piano.
- Two nights in Moab, the adventure city of the West.
- Take a Hummer ride up into the red rocks.
- An floodlit spectacular night boat trip up the red Colorado River.
- See where Thelma and Louise left us in a mile high dive in their T Bird.
- See the sunset at Grand Canyon after riding the Canyon edge.
- An exciting and fun filled rodeo and a visit to the highly rated must see Buffalo Bill Museum in Cody.
Three fun-filled nights in Las Vegas.
See a top rated show, feast out on the many buffets,stroll busy Las Vegas Boulevade and win a fortune.
Rated in the Top 10 rides in the USA
- Big Sur riding along the rugged Pacific Coast.
- Beartooth Pass, what a ride, so high it may snow.
- Historic Chief Joseph Scenic Highway.
- The Million Dollar Highway, imagine you’re riding in the Alps.
- Fry Canyon, unbelievably absolutely bloody amazing.
- Rockies National Park outstanding views, mountain goats, elk.
- Lolo Pass, following the blue rapid filled Lochsa River into Idaho
- Death Valley, get the stamp in your Passport.
- Highest paved road in the States, higher than Mt Cook and you riding to the top to get the shot of you and a mountain goat.
- Going to the Sky Highway
- and the outstanding Devils Backbone.